The fountain performance starts at 6pm with performances every 20 minutes until 10pm in the weekdays and 6pm to 11 pm during week ends. Between 8pm and 11pm, music-water displays occur every 20 minutes, there are 14 daily performances. Performances include:
- “Inshed An Aldar” (“Ask About Home”), an Emirati song written especially for the inauguration of the Burj Khalifa on 04 January 2010.
- “Baba Yetu”, a Swahili song for the computer game “Civilization IV”, composed by Christopher Tin
- “Con te partirò” (“Time to Say Goodbye”) by Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman.
- “Dhoom Thana”, a Hindi song from the film Om Shanti Om.
- “Sama Dubai-an Emirati”, a tribute by Emaar Properties to Sheikh Mohammed’s leadership.
- “Shik Shak Shok”, an Arabic dance song by Hassan Abou El Seoud.
- “Waves” (“Amvaj”) by Bijan Mortazavi.
- “Bassbor Al Fourgakom” by Hussain Al Jassmi.
There are also interludes with the fountains showing its capabilities but without a musical accompaniment.